Friday, February 23, 2007

Bah!

A sudden whim makes me want to play scrabble online, to go pit my wits against some unknown opponents, maybe. So I do what a sane person would do; which is to google for sites that allow me to play scrabble online.
I get a list, out of which I decide that Scrabulous is the one I am looking for.

First I am taken to a page that is an usablility nightmare. it declares in the faintest of print "Experience pure joy everytime" (err... right!)
I ignore this.
I register.
I am asked "May we have a photograph and a 70-80 word description please?"
I provide the photo and a one line description.
Next day I get a mail, why are you not playing? are you facing any problems?
(well I will play when I want to...) i ignore the mail

To my photo and description mail, I get a response
I quote this is how the mail begins
"umm can you try a little harder, with the description?"

Yeah dude I can try a little harder, but I want to play scrabble, not describe myself.
I would register onto a matrimonial website if i wanted to put in a photo and description!

I am waiting for a response on tht one.

grrrr this place easily tops my list of the shitty sites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i also play there and i definitely dont have a profile! so i think you went to the wrong link. good luck with it as its a great site!

Apoorv Gawde said...

errr how cud it be a wrong link if i get a mail from the admin