Sunday, March 18, 2007

300

The King with half the East at heel is marched from lands of morning;
Their fighters drink the rivers up, their shafts benight the air,
And he that stands will die for nought, and home there's no returning.
The Spartans on the sea-wet rock sat down and combed their hair.'
- A.E. Housman 'The Oracles'

300 Did not dissapoint, on the contrary not only did it meet my expectations, it surpassed them.
300 is a great effort, to actually make a movie out of such an intense comic is difficult, Zack Snyder does a great job of it.
With some great fight sequences, a gripping soundtrack (a mix of Gothic Classical and Heavy Metal) Lot of blood! Lot of Gore! Lot of Pride! Lot of Glory! 300 is a movie worth watching.

9 comments:

karthik c said...

man ! sounds exciting... should check it out :-)

Kaj said...

hey what up? I loved 300 - absolutely gorgeous art direction. beautiful. I read a great article on how it was created, and how the shot of the oracle was all done underground. aaah, great film! I want to see Namesake next. btw bby was fantastic - heady and frothy and manic!

Anonymous said...

"Lot of blood! Lot of Gore!"
- hmmm now i must watch it.this has al tered my thoughts

Apoorv Gawde said...

Sarak ~ watch it I say!! it is bomat

Fink ~ good :) Zack Snyder is getting "Watchmen" up next, I dont like the coic a lot, but interesting to see how it can be made into a movie
"Who will watch the watchmen?"

Rani ~
over al a good movie, al though one must say that the gore could have been increased....

Kaj said...

I dont think there was too much blood or gore actually, it was too stylised to seem gory!

Want me to send you the link to that article on the film? It's actually in a client's publication for an airline but I'm sure I can dig it out

Apoorv Gawde said...

haha yes, I have not seen any movie tht has too much blood and gore :)

i wud love to read the article. :) thx

Impressionist said...

Hey Nice blog u've got here :)
I too saw the muvee. Enjoyed It ;)
Nice post :D


Peace & Love
JeeVY

Apoorv Gawde said...

KC! apologies, :)

Working with Sarak (he hates being called tht) makes me think of only one Karthik :P

300 is awesome man!! u shud, have u been going clickety click??

Apoorv Gawde said...

Rajeev~ thx for stopping by, yes 300, sin city all cool, with the miller influence they are very comic book like