Friday, August 24, 2007

The Best movie in a long time



The best gift I have received in recent times, is a dvd of the Iranian movie "Children of Heaven"

I began watching it on a sunday afternoon and 15mins into the movie I decided, "I have to watch this with Mom and Dad!" which I did later that night.

Children of Heaven is a piece of cinematic brilliance, I would easily rate it alongside Shawshank Redemption, the only difference being, SR has a hollywoodish feel and a great storyline,

Whereas 'Children..." is a very simple movie and has the simplest of storylines, now that I think of it, hey! I would rate Children of Heaven higher than Shawshank redemption.

A simple story about a 10 year old boy, Ali, his little sister Zahra and a pair of (missing) shoes.

No matter who you are, how old you are or how you think... you cannot help but enjoy this movie!

beg, borrow or steal to watch this movie!


7 comments:

Palani Murugan N said...

I don't want your home address as well as the exact location of DVD at your home bcoz I am not interested in stealing it...

"Borrow" option seems ok... When are you going to lend me the DVD?

Apoorv Gawde said...

aha Falani! start begging !! :P

you are in Line buddy a long long line... :)

want to reconsider the steal option?? :P

Anonymous said...

Get it while coming :P

Apoorv Gawde said...

Amu ~ do u mean come while getting it?? lol :P :P

karthik c said...

one of my favorite movies too !

Apoorv Gawde said...

KC ~ niiice :)

Yasin said...

hi
came across ur blog by accident.......but i liked it a lot though...
and yah even i loved children of heaven..its a beautiful movie...and i m surprised u managed to get a dvd.....most people havent even heard of it......