Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Lists of 10

Most over-rated !

I am going to ruffle a few feathers...

10. Harry Potter

9. Loots Bosman - South African Cricketer.

8. Golf

7. "Franny and Zooey" and "The Alchemist"

6. Indian authors who write in English (With the exception of Ray of 'Feluda' fame)

5. Chaats in Kolkata (though the sweets and the non-veggie stuff is superb!)

4. Micro-blogging

3. USA

2. Twilight - the movie/book series

1. Wayne Rooney


Most under-rated !
(I could only think of 5 :P )

10. Malgoa mangoes. As good as Hapus, if not better :)

9. Terry Pratchett - I know loads of people love his writing, but not enough.

8. Samurai Jack

7. Nikola Tesla

6. "Swades" - The movie

5. Mohit Chauhan - Especially his music with 'Silk Route'

8 comments:

Art Vandelay said...

But Ray didn't write in English, did he? Feluda was defn. translated from Bengali.

Apoorv Gawde said...

You are absolutely right!
Then with no exceptions, Indian writers are over-rated :)

I had no idea you blog Saranya.

Art Vandelay said...

I like Vikram Seth. And a few other Indian novels here and there.
The hysteria behind Chetan Bhagat is maddening, but then again it's probably a better read while traveling than newspaper or some glossy magazine!

Apoorv Gawde said...

hmmm, I find most of it pretentious, with over the top writing. But then I cannot even stand the world's beloved, Paulo Coelho.

Art Vandelay said...

Alchemist is deep shit. I had to look up what "Franny and Zooey" was - so maybe that's not so popular! :-D But if it's too-cute like Catcher in the rye then I'm glad I didn't know!

ps: started blogging only recently - not sure if I will sustain.

Apoorv Gawde said...

ah, Franny and Zooey whole world likes!

I like catcher in the rye though.

Neha said...

Do you dislike harry potter coz the world loves him?

Apoorv Gawde said...

@ Neha - I guess so. If the World wouldn't love him, then I would not even be aware of him. Now that the World has made me aware of him, I dislike him.