Friday, June 24, 2011

Delhi-Gurgaon: Week 1

This is how I am set-up. I live in the Southern(South-Western?) edge of Delhi and I work in the Northern Edge of Gurgaon.
I am beginning to suspect I have a challenge on my hands in terms of conquering this city. My conquest of most cities begins with long walks and usage of the public transport.
Gurgaon does not have any public transport worth mentioning and the current weather means that long walks are close to impossible.
Delhi does seem to have decent amount of Public Transport, and I have the weekend to try most of it out. What little I have seen of Delhi is very impressive in the daytime and a little dark and depressing at nights (Though I confess I have only been in one of the not so 'happening' areas of Delhi).
I feel like the long days (there is light till almost 7:30pm) are wasted since one can't do much when the sun is up, unless it involves an activity in a heavily air-conditioned area.

But all is not lost, the weather will soon change, and hopefully I will get my car here soon enough, removing my current dependency on any other modes of transport and opening up more avenues to explore.
Also, the office is just fantastic! There seems to be scope for getting it to just the same energy levels that the Bangalore office had when it was newish, There is some way to go though.

Of course the icing on the cake is that there are a whole lot of weekend getaways to experience. Soon Soon.



5 comments:

Ramya said...

All the best with the move! Here's to a lot of weekend trips for both of you.

longblackveil said...

Good Gawde! Yuvaar in the Dilli now? Yayyy. So close, so close to my gaaon. Just an overnight train away. I am gladdest.
So, Dilli is one of my favourite cities now, and you will fall in love with it soonest.
Imma holler out at you when I travel down there. Be prepared!

Apoorv Gawde said...

Ramya ~ Thanks! The plan is for weekend trips(maybe some with Nike and you?) and hopefully a year's time should be enough to cover quite a few places, speaking of which...

LBV~ The mention about the proximity of your hometown has been taken as an invite :P Just let us know when, what and how. We shall come a knocking at your door. And with Delhi please do let us know what are things that we should be doing in the weekends and we are soon going to get ourselves a place to stay, so more than happy to play host!

Bhaimi said...

So there you are. hmm.. Hope you will soon find the new city more interesting with great work, weekend trips and whatever.

But I know you would still miss good people like us ;)

Apoorv Gawde said...

@Bhaimi - Thanks! I will miss Blore and the people therein, but enjoy Delhi and the places therein and around :D