Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's been a while...

...since I last blogged, a lot has transpired since :)

The IPL has been dominating TRP ratings, viewed by one and all. The Fake IPL player has been providing juicy tidbits of the going ons behind the scene, the IPL trophy looks as ugly as ever, the commentary team collectively has got dumber ("what a beautiful IPL trophy this is...", "South Africans love the IPL, they have come in droves to watch the match...", "You've been left out of the playing eleven, how happy do you feel right now?"),the going has been decentish for the team I support (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and in related news, the zoozoos have finally attacked!

On the personal front, I have had yet another trip to Mahabalipuram with wifey and a couple of friends (and our faithful Karaoke machine) which went well (especially the karaoke and the monopoly part). The door painting project was completed quite a while ago, here is a picture of how it looks now *grin*.



Also, my batting form has returned (with an offside six!) and the bowling form is doing well :D. We have finished watching all 4 seasons of "How I met your mother" (I watch it just for Neil Patrick Harris' "Barney Stinson"). I have finished reading the wonderful wonderful "Ode to Kirihito" by Osamu Tezuka and am currently reading "The man who kept secrets" (Peter Lawford's Biography) and "Road to dusty death" by Alistair Maclean.


I am hoping to blog more frequently and am hoping that it will be "Legen - wait for it - dary" !

6 comments:

longblackveil said...

Ja, ja. *pulls hair out at IPL commentary*

Stop showing off with your graphic novel phase already. Pttth.
(PS: Check out my frund Jai Iyer's Indian Manga = Inga. First story set in Koshy's!)


Ooooh, and your door looks fantastic. Love the cat. ;-)

Apoorv Gawde said...

Inga? Inga??? Indian Manga = Inga??

whew...

My Graphic Novel "phase" has lasted ummm about 15 years now :) and no Inga for me thanks!

But I loved the Autorickshaw-fu thingy, err don't line term "Inga"

If I say "Inga" I will sound like a manga ('Monkey' in Kannada for the uninitiated)

:P

Leanna said...

About the door: When you two eventually get around to decorating a nursery, that will be the luckiest kid in India! You are talented!

About Neil Patrick Harris: Have you ever heard him sing? He's wonderful!
http://tinyurl.com/5qj7sz

Apoorv, if someone like him had happened to be born in India, he'd be shunned, or perhaps jailed. He's gay, you know. Out and proud, like my brother. This may sound a bit American Liberal of me, but what minds and talents are wasted, that India may really NEED, by this? The gay population may be as many as 15% of the human community.

I am a devout gay rights evangelist, so excuse my inadvertent rudeness if I've offended, here. This is only the second time I've brought this up, over a couple of years' acquaintance.

About Kannada: When I hear that word, I think Mounties, Ottawa, Vancouver, and wonderful food! Boy, am I ever stuck in North America!

Neha said...

I just loved the door!!! I am sure uncle played a huge role in this :)

Will definately check it out whenever I am in B'lore.

deevena said...

1)I love the pony and the ribbon.and the cat's mischievous look.Who designed it??
2)Finally i found a person who agrees with me on the level of hideousness of the IPL trophy.Thanks
3)Love the you express your thoughts with clarity.

Hope you check out my blog.It's different.doesn't come under your sort of writing.[ http://deevena-memyself.blogspot.com/ ]

Apoorv Gawde said...

Leanna~ :) There is a decent gay rights thing here in India as well, they are NOT jailed at sight. We even have movies that deal with Homosexuality, though a lot of them still are quite frivilous, but we are getting there!

As for Kannada V/S Canada: My mom was born in a section of Karnataka referred to as "North Canara or North Kanara", her Birth certificate states that she was born in North Canada :|


Neha ~ Thanks!do come and visit :)
We did consult dad every now and then for his expert opinion, but it was largely Amu and I !

Deevena ~ welcome to the blog :) The design was done by Amu (the wife) and me. I painted the girl(pony and all) and Amu painted the cat :D I like the cat the best :)