Saturday, May 19, 2012

Movies that need to be made...

Here is a list of stuff that I want to be seen made into full length movies -

1. Samurai Jack

Oh yes! Easily the best action cartoon series ever. Samurai Jack traveling through time and fighting the evil Aku's mechanical henchmen and making allies with some uber-cool people. I want a Samurai Jack movie badly (it needs to be animated by Genndy Tartakovsky though).
If any of you want to give me a gift, then I want the entire Blue-Ray Samurai Jack collection, all 4 seasons (if such a thing exists).

2. Byomkesh Bakshi

Ah the Indian take on Sherlock Holmes, set in Calcutta and solving crimes in crisp white kurtas. Awesome. I wonder who can be cast as Byomkesh... I know that I would want Abhay Deol to be the side-kick, Ajith. This will make a wonderful movie for sure!

3. He-man and the masters of the universe

Anything that has 'Masters of the universe' in the title has  to be awesome. So is He-man. The cartoon series won over so many hearts in India in the 90s.
I wish wish wish there was a full length movie made and I don't mean the crap they made in live action with Dolph Lundgren in it. I am hoping for a full length animated movie.

4. Neverwhere

This Neil Gaiman book, set in the London Underground is one of my favourites. IMDB tells me that there's a TV mini-series already. I so wish they would make this into a movie. Zack Snyder at the helm maybe?  If nothing else we'll at least have a good soundtrack.

5. Good Omens

Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett co-wrote this. This one is already overloaded with awesomeness of all kinds. I am sure it would make a strange movie. But I would love to watch it. Of course it could well go down the route of 'Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy'. Some books never make good films. But who knows?

4 comments:

Amir said...

Should read through the funny history behind He-Man series http://www.11points.com/TV/11_Disappointments_About_He-Man,_In_Retrospect

Apoorv Gawde said...

Interesting :) But a little lame set of reasons though eh?

Point 6 "The exec producer and his family voiced a lot of the characters"
- Everyone does it! The Simpsons, The Looney Tunes.

I guess the author is biased against and I am biased for.. :)

Rajiv Mathew said...

totally would want to see a Byomkesh Bakshi movie.

Apoorv Gawde said...

Yeah!