Wednesday, September 21, 2005

All the old TV series

Well I was just thinking about all those TV series of the late 80's and early 90's that I used to so love watching.....I wonder if any of you watched these. Now that I look back at them, I find some classics and some average ones. Here is the list of my favorite ones(click on the links to refresh your memory)

Remington Steele: This one was about a reluctant detective played by none other than Pierce Brosnan. It was awesome

Street Hawk: Who does'nt remember "The man, The Machine".

The Wonder Years: Sheer brilliance

Doogie Howser MD: A genius teenager who is already a doctor. Nice one

The Fall Guy: About a movie stuntman, who takes up side jobs as a bounty hunter.

Byomkesh Bakshi: A Hindi version of Sherlock Holmes. Set in Calcutta, this one was a brilliant detective series.

Boy Meets World: About a kid growing up. Average to good.

Discovery of India(Bharat Ek Khoj): History of India based on a book by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru

Fauji: Sharukh Khan as a Wannabe soldier. Nice.

Turning Point: A series on science, anchored by Mahesh Bhat.

Surabhi: No intro needed for this brilliant program.

Ramayan: the Mythological series that made a breakthrough in the way Serials were made in India.

Whew !! this is some of what I used to watch on the idiot box, Do you remember some others that I may have missed out?? Do let me know.

3 comments:

Neha said...

spider man
mahabharat
chandrakanta
i dream of jeany
.....
....

ROhan said...

yup .. watched many of em ..

I have the complete Wonder years on CD if your interested !!!
Some 25 CDS .. :-)

Can lend em to u once i get back to bangalore !!!

Anonymous said...

bewithced
different strokes
small wonder
full house
who's the boss?
jungle book
rangoli
circus
dekh bhai dekh
jaban sambhal ke...
...these are few of my favorites...
and ofcourse X-files....
I used to love byomkesh bakshi...