Thursday, June 22, 2006

Music I am listening to

As I type out my post on a notepad, to be transferred onto the blog tomorrow...the time is 10:30pm on a cloudy wednesday night and I am listening to

The soundtrack of "The Phantom of the opera"....I watched the musical at "Her Majesty's Theatre" London. We got "Cheap" tickets 32 (pounds!!) for balcony seats (supposed to be the not so good ones, quite contrary to movie seating) but the performance was worth every penny! it remains etched on my mind to date, the music by Andrew Loyd Weber - brilliant, the sets - out of the world, the special effects- breathtaking. Truly an experience to cherish. My original plan was to watch a musical and a play (Agatha Christies "mousetrap" maybe) but the play did not materialise. Glad I got to watch the musical....better than watching a movie anyday

In sleep he sang to me,
in dreams he came . . .
that voice which calls to me
and speaks my name . . .

And do I dream again?
For now I find
the Phantom of the Opera is there
inside my mind . . .

No comments: