Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Diwali

Yeah Diwali has come and gone, so has the week long holiday I managed to get.
I stayed home for a change, decided that for once I need to stay in Blore, read, sleep and eat mom made diwali goodies :)

Also decided to get some crackers...loads of crackers, but on my way to buy them I noticed kids right on the main roads running about setting off noisy crackers oblivious to the traffic or the surroundings.
This was such an irritant that we backtracked and decided that this Diwali would just be a festival of lights without any loud annoying sounds.

It was a very peaceful and relaxing Diwali in all.

Akash kandil
This one is a dad made 'Akash kandil' (a maharashtrian tradition).

The greeting
Dad just rocks when it comes to creativity and when it comes to charcoal or pencil scketches dad is GOD as is obvious from this year's Diwali greeting made by dad (thats made using just colour pencils)


The Lamp
and ofcourse mom is not behind with her lamps and rangolis (though i dont have a photo of a rangoli :))

4 comments:

Amit Bulbule said...

yeah... diwali without crackers is good; and hey ur dad makes sketches dude...

Apoorv Gawde said...

indeed safe and peaceful :)
Dad being an artist is good at such stuff.

ranjini said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.








Diwali Crackers

Robin said...

Amazing!!! I like this website so much it's really awesome.I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able and I'm just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your posts... well I have also made an article hope you go through it. Diwali 2017 , Happy Diwali