Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kids...

1
A friend and I were out in Shenandoah, and as we were walking down a narrow path to go look and clap at a 'waterfall' , we saw this little firang kid (must have been like a 1.5 feet), who was laboriously climbing up with his mom in tow.
When he saw us, he stopped, looked at us and asked me. "Excuse me sir, would you tell me how far it is to the top?" in full Brit accent
First I was surprised that he could even talk, second he was so damn polite despite the fact that he was super tired.
I smiled and told him that it was not too far away, to which he was all politeness again "thank you sir"

If he was wearing a hat I am sure he would have tipped it at me. hehe


2
More recently, I had stopped by at a bakery, and saw a very little girl come to the farther end of the counter, begging for food/money.

Just as I was trying to figure out what I could buy her and was about to approach her, A little boy, of about 10, dressed in an old pair of trousers and a torn shirt, came to the bakery and was trying to get the attendants attention,

I noticed he had a 5 rupee coin in his hand, and seemed like it was the only money he had on him.

When the Baker asked him what he wanted, he asked him what he could get for 5 bucks, so the guy pointed out some chocolates and some other bakery products.

Interestingly enough, the boy instead of buying a chocolate (as I had thought he would) asked for a couple of 'Jam Buns'.

He handed over the money to the bakery attendant, went straight to the little beggar girl, gave her the food, patted her on the head and walked away!

wow!
My turn to tip my hat :)

2 comments:

longblackveil said...

Very nice. May the do-gooders tribe increase.

Apoorv Gawde said...

LBV: SO BE IT
btw I just noticed,
what a horribly written post this is :)

Must clean up!