Saturday, January 09, 2010

Avtaar

When I was 11 years old and I walked into a theatre to watch the Jurassic Park, I had no clue then that movie making was about to be taken to a new level. I still remember catching my breath when the first Brontosaurus comes live on the screen.

'Avtaar' has had a similar effect on me. James Cameroon takes us on a wonderful trip to 'Pandora', which is so exotic and beautiful that one completely forgets to make a connection that the plot is a parallel of sorts to that of 'District 9', has bits of 'Matrix' and influences from quite a few other movies.

However, I do not complain. This is a movie that will take movie making to a completely new level.

Mr. Cameroon, I thank you for the visual treat that is 'Avtaar'.

Quite a few of you asked me to review and I know you were expecting a scathing, sarcastic review from me.
Well, that is not to be.
Maybe there will be one if I make the mistake of watching a Salman Khan movie again. :)

2 comments:

Neha said...

I saw this movie on my home theatre. And loved it. And all those who got a chance to catch it on the theatres, i am sure they would have been over delighted by this one!

Manoj Govindan said...

Similar to District 9? What about Pocahontas? ;)