Sunday, January 10, 2010

Population

There is too much population I say. Too much!

Yesterday, we had tickets to Avtaar for the 6 pm show, we reached the road where the theatre is located at about 5:55pm, from then on it was one long wait in a queue to get parking.

By the time we got to park the car, it was 6:45 pm! 45 minutes for a distance of about 200 metres. This was , mind you, at fame lido, a multiplex with quite a bit of parking space (but all taken!).

Today, we got up early and went off to play badminton. But when we reached we saw that the two courts were full of people. Each of them (with the exception of the gang from my office), was fat (in a pot-bellied way), sweating and weirdly middle aged.

They were playing quite well mind you, but even I may get to that level of expertise soon, if only they give us some space and time on the court.

We left in frustration, because I did not see the point of having to wait 1 hour to play for 15 minutes that too with some pot bellied dude heaving and panting on the other side of the court.

But my point is, we are bursting at the seams (much like the badminton playing uncles). Too much population.

5 comments:

longblackveil said...

You are too much funny I say. Too much. :)

Apoorv Gawde said...

:P Finally someone comments on my original post rather than my facebook note!

longblackveil said...

Yes. That is because I too am a blogger (albeit only with a reader base of 5 or 6), and feel 'same pinch' when peeps comment in the wrong place. Sigh.

Amu said...

Common! I think it's awesome that you have linked it to Facebook. Many idiots like me might miss out on your writing otherwise! :-) All is good hon.

Neha said...

So what do you suggest? ;)