Friday, August 26, 2011

Loads of movies on the list...

Its just been too long since I last wrote a review post and there have been so many movies during that period that now it would be just too difficult to write out a review. If you are super interested in any of the ones I have categorised below, then I may just write a specific review on demand :)

MOVIES THAT BLEW MY MIND - It would be a crime to miss these

  • The Godfather
  • Che Part 1
  • Master and Commander: Far side of the world (easily one that I would slot in my all time favourites)
  • The Kings Speech
  • Cashback (There is just something about this movie that I can't place.)
  • Scott Pilgrim Versus the World
  • Following

GREAT MOVIES - You have to watch them

  • Wild Target (Loooove Emily Blunt and Bill Nighy in this one)
  • Walk the line
  • Social Network
  • Adventureland
  • Almost Famous
  • Little Manhattan
  • An affair to remember
  • The Boondock Saints
  • The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec
  • Four Rooms
  • Heist
  • Bitter Moon
  • Thirteen - Disturbing, but highly recommended
  • Where the money is
  • The town
  • A beautiful Mind
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Zombieland
  • X-Men: First Class
  • The Fall
  • Limitless
  • Unkown
  • Rounders
  • Cemetery Junction
  • Kung Fu Panda 2
  • Moon
  • Source Code
  • The Exam (Just about made it here, for an interesting plot)

AVERAGE MOVIES - WON'T MISS MUCH IF YOU DON'T WATCH 'EM

  • Rope (What! you're calling an Alfred Hitchcock movie "average"? Yes.)
  • Perfume- Story of a murderer
  • Scent of a woman
  • Machete
  • RED
  • Perriers Bounty
  • Book of Eli
  • The Matador
  • Nick and Norah's infinite playlist
  • FAQ about time travel
  • London Boulevard
  • Chloe
  • Rango
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger tides
  • Middlemen
  • The Eagle
  • Thor

MOVIES THAT SUCKED MORE THAN A BLACK-HOLE - If you are in a mood for some self-inflicted punishment

  • Crank - High Voltage
  • Interview with a vampire
  • Dear John
  • The killer inside me
  • Fraility
  • The Ninth gate
  • Swimming pool (The French one...)
  • The Adjustment Bureau
  • Sweet November
  • Love and other drugs
  • Harry Potter and the deathly hallows -2
  • The hangover II
  • Men who stare at goats
  • Donnie Darko
  • The Alphabet Killer
Oh and if you're reading this on Facebook.. I just import my posts from my blog at http://apoorvgawde.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Art Vandelay said...

From the movies that sucked more than a black hole, I know I highly recommended one! Tsk!

Also, I thought the idiotic supernatural ending notwithstanding, Ninth Gate was pretty good.Maybe it's Johnny Depp's handsomeness that makes me say this, I don't know!

I thought Interview with the Vampire was medium (if it didn't have Tom Cruise I might've even called it a good movie, I think)

Agree on Love and Other Drugs. Undiluted crap.

Donnie Darko was a bit slowish but it didn't bore me to death. I thought it was all right. The bunny was like somebody at a costume party, but still...

Men who stare at goats - I thought had a bizarrely interesting plot, with a messed up ending.

I guess my tolerance is really high. Agree with the rest of the classification - I haven't seen quite a few though.

Oh, and three Jesse Eisenberg movies in the Great Movies list! Shocking!

Saranya

Apoorv Gawde said...

Which one of the sucky ones do you highly recommend child??
Ninth Gate I would agree with you, it was with a heavy heart that I placed it there. Enjoyed it a lot until the end totally spoiled it for me.

Oh and good catch about that idiotic Jesse Eisenberg. I like Adventure land for the super pretty looking Kirsten Stewart in it. Zombieland for its lists and Social Network, umm No idea why... I liked Justin Timerlake in it :D

Art Vandelay said...

Swimming pool. Sigh. I don't remember anything from the movie though, except that after the movie, almost nobody agreed with my interpretation. One day when I'm sufficiently bored I'll probably watch it again and form a proper opinion :-)