Monday, August 29, 2011

Short-films of note


So here are a few short films that I recommend, mind you they are not necessarily in my all time list of best short-films, however they are ones that I have watched more recently and have left an impression.

So in no particular order...

1. Asai (Wishes) - Language: Tamil



Why should I watch it? Its wonderfully directed and is bitter-sweet. Brilliant. Easily the best in this list.

2. Get Out - Language: French



Why should I watch it? For the animation and the twist in the end. You would never expect it coming!

3. Do I - Language: English

do I? from Vikram Ahuja on Vimeo.



Why should I watch it? A great thriller. Vikram Ahuja, a friend of mine made this movie in a very limited time with a very tight budget. Hearing him talk through the script and then getting to see the final version was awesome! you can read more about this here

4. Blank Spaces - Language: English



Why should I watch it? A feel good movie. I loved the way its made and the idea!

5. Six Shooter - Language: English



Why should I watch it? Its directed by Martin McDonagh and stars Brendon Gleeson. reason enough. If names don't ring a bell then you haven't watched 'In Bruges' yet and you should watch that one first!
warning: this is not an easy watch and is quite eccentric, though I liked it quite a bit. The Irish accent and everything :)



1 comment:

Ramya said...

Awesome! Thanks for the recos....