Monday, October 17, 2005

My Favorite Fictional characters



Well the Colin dexter post got me thinking of who my fav. fictional characters were and I have come up with a top of the mind list.

-Sherlock Holmes
-Hercule Poirot
-Father Brown
-Characters from the DiscWorld series of novels eg. Death, Cut-me own throat Dibbler etc.
-Inspector Morse
-Roark, Fountain Head

I have limited myself to books, movies may follow later. Do let me know your favs.


Note: A friend pointed out that the word "fictional" does not exist and "fictitious" is the word I was looking for in the title, Dear friend I point out to you, that "fictional" is a word in the English Language, Please refer to FICTIONAL.
Also the word "fictitious" is used in the context of fabricating a name. Like in "he took up a ficticious name and conned the old lady"