Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Tank

On the Stretch of road just after Victoria road and before one gets to Airport road, to your left, just by the road, lies a Tank. A battle tank, captured by the indian Army from Pakistan during the Bangladesh War.
As a child as I passed through that road, on my way to the airport, I would wait for the tank to appear in my sights and look at it with a sense of pride, afterall it was part of the 'spoils of war'.
It still remains in the same place, well maintained. Painted a shade of dark olive green
It still has the same effect on me as it had years ago :D
If you happen to pass by that way do take a look and you shall understand what I am talking about.
Google tells me that "These T-59s were captured at the epic battle of Longewala, where an entire Pakistani T-59 tank regiment was decimated by the Indian Air Force...." more...

No comments: