Friday, December 02, 2005

Vertigo Comics: Fables

Snow White

I enjoyed reading Frank Miller's graphic novels the 'Sin City' series, this was not surprising as Frank Miller is quite famous and I had expected to enjoy it.
however when I got my hands on 'Fables' by Vertigo comics, I did not expect much ,as their previous series was not too good (atleast I did not like it), but 'Fables'is awesome.
As usual it is a comic for "for Mature readers only'. the Theme rocks. The artwork is nice. and the plots are pretty decent.

All the Fable town's characters such as Snow White, Goldilocks, Big Bad Wolf, Beauty and the Beast and hundreds of others have been thrown out of their kingdoms, and make home in New York.
SnowWhite has divorced the cheating Prince Charming and is the deputy mayor of Fable Town, Goldilocks is a Psycho Killer, Jack (the one who climbed the bean Stalk) is a rouge. Mr Big Bad Wolf (taken a human form to hide himself from the prying eyes of humans) is a detective straight out of an 80's Film Noir movie.

Snow White(look at the image) and Bigby(Big B Wolf) form an unlikely team to keep fabletown going against all difficulties.

Sheer Brilliance.

3 comments:

Camphor said...

Ah, a classic twisted. Trouble in paradise. Sounds interesting.I doubt I'll go out and look for comic though. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Thats looks quite interesting...let's see when I get a chance to read

Apoorv Gawde said...

Well, I read the soft copies, so if either of you want to read it, just let me know I shall find a way of sending them to you.Total size of around 320 MB. So 'yousentit.com' should work :)