Thursday, November 17, 2005

Lucky generation

I am 23 years old but I realize that in modern age the generation gap is lesser. The kids of this generation are quite lucky. When we were in school, we had not heard of the internet, today’s kids can use (or misuse) the net to do projects and what not.

I remember I paid around 350 rupees in 1999 to purchase “Catch-22” from Premier bookstore on Church Street, last month while shopping in Jayanagar, I asked a roadside book vendor the price of “Catch-22” and he said 75 rupees (negotiable)!! Knowledge is virtually free today.

On Television all that we could watch was “Street Hawk”, “Giant Robot” etc etc today we have Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geographic, The History Channel!!
Talk about a lucky generation of kids.

2 comments:

Camphor said...

I still buy books from stores rather than roadside. :)

But otherwise, yes, we've been blessed.

The generation after me - the one's who are turning 13-14 now, I'm wonderign how they'll deal with information overload. :)

Anonymous said...

you are very positive.
Indeed they r lucky (and we are too) when it comes to resources and many other things.

But it's also scarry when you look at the way kids r getting spoiled too.

I am sometimes too scared to think of my kids and understand why parents are sometimes over-protective