Monday, November 28, 2005

The Show must go on...

Mad-ads, to many it looks like a silly skit. To me it is a forum to put forth what one feels about the present state of affairs.
And it is here, on the Mad-ads stage that I have learnt a lot of important lessons in life. Be it the time, when as a part of an upcoming mad-ads team, facing a competition that would decide our future, We fought through adversity (Threats of phsical harm to team, Hospitalzation, injuries...) we won a place in the cultural team. Hey if any of the 'Cul-nan-Magas' are reading this I wanna say that I feel immense pride in having been a part of our team.

I know this is starting to sound like an award winning or a farewell speech, it is the latter.I along With the other core team members of the 'Usual Suspects' (Jive and Dijo),decided that the saturdays performance was our last.

After close to 7 years on stage, it is hard to ignore the feeling of nostalgia. I shall surely miss the Jam packed auditoriums, the roar of the crowd when our team name was announced, and the resounding laughter.

However I am happy that we have gone out with a blast !! Saturday was one of our most memorable performances, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And if the cheers were anything to judge by, the audience enjoyed it too.

So long and thanks for all the fish... :D

8 comments:

Neha said...

hey apoorva dont say thats its ur last performance...common we want more of u people on the stage!!
but if u people are serioulsy saying that it was..then i must say that it was a really really nice one!!we all simply loved u all!
will ur the mad ads...

Apoorv Gawde said...

Thanks Neha :D but yes, it was our last performance, atleast in Christ College

Camphor said...

It does cost a bit to leave off something you love doing.

But I hope you are content without it. The memroies certainly seem like they would be worth having. :)

Apoorv Gawde said...

Content without it is not how I would put it , but yes it goes with my philosophy of " whatever happens happens for the best". so "No Worries" (does Rincewind say that?)

CodeMangler said...

I guess it's Twoflower ;)

Camphor said...

Also Hakuna Matata - Lion King. Pumba says it too. :)

Amit Bulbule said...

U Madads are simply best... I missed it this time.

Apoorv Gawde said...

Pal >> whats in a name :P
Camphor>> Hakuna Matata means no worries for the rest of your life. Hakuna Matata Timon and Pumbaa :D
Amit>> thanks yaar !!