Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Comic Crazy

I am on cloud number nine…I got my hands on some of the all time classics

Sandman – Yeah I got the entire sandman series, Neil Gaiman rocks. Death is a beautiful young girl with a perky smile, Dream her elder brother is the super cool dude dressed in black also known as sandman/morpheus etc etc.
Along with Destiny Despair etc they are the seven siblings known as the ‘Endless’. The central character being dream.

Terry Pratchetts death is a cool hooded skeletal figure who speaks in CAPITALS (if discworld were a movie I would cast Johnny depp as Death). Neil Gaimans death is more human but I prefer Terry anyday.

300 – Frank Miller. need I say more ?, from the master who gave us ‘Sin City’ and ‘Ronin’

Watchmen – Alan Moore, I became his fan when I read ‘V For Vendetta’. The movie was pretty decent too, but the graphic novel was just brilliant.

I lost my copy of Batman Year One :( :( Damn my all time fav. I have said it time and again that no character is as powerful as the batman.

If you want any of the above, lemme know.

6 comments:

Kaj said...

are u sending out comics? sure, I'd love to check some out.. which one do you recommend?

PS: why batman? coz he conquers his fear? my all time fave superhero.. aah, this has gotta be Superman!!

Apoorv Gawde said...

Batman....?
Cos i do not like heros who are all good and villans who are all bad...
Life isnt black or white its grey.

"Deep down I know Superman is a good guy, I also know that deep down I am a Bad guy! " says Batman :)

I think Batman fits
"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you"
best :) what say??

And hey Bats is a normal human being, no superpowers

Neha said...

O yes, I like him too for the same reason...he uses of these gadgets and stuff like that...'super' but without super powers....

Apoorv Gawde said...

yo yo :)

hey Nehaaaaa My 'V for Vendeta' Dvd ???

*drums fingers on table* hehe

Neha said...

There is no 'of' in the previous comment i made...!!!!!! :D

Kaj said...

so hey let me know when u upload the comics!!