Monday, November 13, 2006

Movies

It's been a long time since I have watched a Johnny Depp movie (I even missed Pirates-2). ”Corpse Bride” has been on my ‘to see’ list for too long. It has 3 major attractions

- Johnny depp - Tim Burton - Animation

Can anyone think of a better combo?

Over the past week watched

“The Grudge” – Decent

“Sentinel” – Presidential security guy, affair, First lady, terrorist, assassination attempt, gunfire, president saved. Use these words, Make a coherent sentence and you have the plot…yaaaaawn.

“Inside Man” – Denzel Washington, movie no good.

“The Interpreter” – With Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman in the cast one expects a magical movie. Good but not great.

“Hard Candy” – Whoa! I wonder why I watched this one. Its about a 14 year old gal who seduces and then castrates a pedophiliac. Yucky.

“Shawshank Redemption” - After the list above I needed a shawshank again…(that sounds bad. hehe)

“Saw II” - Brilliant! I wondered if they could match up to SAW. This movie equals SAW on all accounts. The gruesome, ingenious traps. The terminally ill psychopath Jigsaw is back to what he does best. Kill people while giving them a chance to live.

Cannot wait for Saw III to be released in India

While we are at the topic of movies, let me rant…

Daniel Craig?? James Bond?? WTF? Daniel Craig cast as a spineless villan in “Road to Predition” was perfect.
Me thinks Pierce Brosnan = Bond, reminds me to try and see if I can get “Remington Steele” somewhere.

4 comments:

Kaj said...

crash rules!! btw i think pierce brosnan was a v average bond!! daniel is HOT HOT HOT.. muscular, macho, intelligent.. bond was never meant to be a sissy.. sigh.. well neither can beat sean connery newayz!!

Apoorv Gawde said...

I do not know about muscular and macho...i have seen him act (though some may argue that if u are bond u dont need to act)
And to my eyes daniel craig looks as intelligent as a piece of log.

Kaj said...

mmmmm... to each his own I guess.. I think Brosnan is too pansy like to be a good Bond but it depends on the love affair with the character.. I'm too old school and purist perhaps. BTW Vir Sanghvi had an interesting (albiet opinionated) article on Bond in yesterday's Brunch magazine. On another note, I've heard Marty S strikes again and Departed is meant to be genius! u cn it?

Apoorv Gawde said...

The Departed is on my to see list...nowadays everyone is too busy to watch a movie at the movie halls...