Thursday, November 30, 2006

MUZIK

MUSICOVERY, a new favourite radio. Not in Pandora league when it comes to functionality and simple elegance, but with super cool fluid design (flash, not Java script) and some great variety of music played by Genre/Mood. Got to it from FINK

I am playing…

User’s Atmosphere – Watership Song

Buddha Bar – Sitar Ritual

Red Sparrow – Les Arbres

Dr Rubberfunk – take these drums

Gorillaz – last living souls (I love this band more for the animation)

The Cranberries – Stars

Tarana – Vande Mataram

Allah tero naam, Ishwar tero naam…

I cannot stand…

Raja Hindustani – aaye ho meri zindagi mein tum bahar banke… this song has been on my lips for a month now :(

It seems to have invaded my sub-conscious, there have been times when I have found myself singing it without realizing it :(

To add to my misery just before we got started on the trek, the hotel radio had this song, siiiiiiiigh its haunting me !

I am singing…

Jaane Jaan - I like the intensity this song generates, I think we sing this well, but my partner in rhyme does not seem to enjoy singing this as much.

Aaj Kal tere mere pyar ke charche – We both love singing this :D

Hichi Chaal turu turu – A very peppy marathi song :D

Aaye ho meri zindagi mein – Damn, how long how long will I sing this song? toooo long toooo long :(

5 comments:

Karthik said...

Dude!! that Raja Hindustani song has been haunting me too - through you :-)

Kaj said...

ha ha ha - I'm glad you're enjoying musicovery, I love it too!! BTW I kinda like that song.. well probably coz my best friend danced to it on her wedding.. yeah, seriously!! he he.. was cute tho =) the song in my head is.. i see you baby, shakin' that a$$!! And the ad I totally HATE right now is citigroup e serve some crap with the bungee jumping thing. it's awful, awful awful!! hv u cn it?

Apoorv Gawde said...

~Karthik~ I would suggest a performance at Freeport, I am sure it will be appreciated...what say?

~Fink~ :D I like that song..."I see you baby" hehe.
The ad I HATE at present is...the bloody lingerie ad they show during the match and also the crappy "beta tum koyi galat kaam toh nahi kar rahe" some cellphone ad. Horrible

Neha said...

O my god!!!!!!!!!I totally agree with Fink.......I hate the e serve commercials.......also, the citibank ads...wonder which company is doing the commercials for citigroup!!!!!!!!!

CodeMangler said...

hmm.. Musicovery looks nice :)
a nice interface and a different way to discover new music.. :)

but two things I wish they'd improve:

i) the ad bar.. someone seems to have forgotten that the ad bar's supposed to b part of the page (n can make the page look good instead of starin at ppl like a pimple)..

ii) b a little more generous and throw in a few more colors :)