Monday, December 18, 2006

Movies over the week

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels – This movie has loads and loads of style. The only other movie with more style that comes to mind is “The good, The bad and The ugly”.

The soundtrack is a killer. No wonder this one is such a cult classic !! wonderful watch

“I am 18 with a bullet; got my finger on the trigger I am goin to pull it…”

For a few dollars more -

Clint Eastwood and one of the most popular of movie music themes makes for a very nice western indeed :)

American Psycho 2 –

Why do I do this to myself, I am no fan of Marquis de Sade, I do not enjoy inflicting pain upon myself, unless you do, do not watch this one.

Shwaas – Nice Marathi movie, about a kid who is going to lose his eyesight and his grandpa who wants to show him the world around before the kid can stop seeing it.

Talking about regional movies and theatre

I remember being totally awed by the play ‘Jaanta Raja’(About Shivaji) in Bombay, where there were live horses and elephants used on a massive stage. So Marathi art forms still seem to have a chance.

Kannada Movies unfortunately have sunk to an all time low, gone are the days of beautiful cinema like “Beladingala Baaley” (moonlight maiden) one of my all time fav movies.

Today the underlying theme seems to be the underworld (or so I hear because, I do not remember when I last saw a Kannada movie)

2 comments:

Neha said...

I looooooovee Loct Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels!!!!!!!!!!!Its just amazing!!!!!!
On eof the few lines :
They are armed..
What?Armed with what??
With bad breath!Fowl Language!!Feather duster!!What do u think they will be armed with??Guns!U tit!!

Apoorv Gawde said...

Yeah its a real cooool movie :)