Friday, December 29, 2006

The Year that was…

The Haps and Mishaps, most of these are around places I have visited.
Travel seems to have been the motif for 2006

Mehndi

- The Golden Sand and the Setting Sun on the world’s best beach (according to me at least) Tiracol Beach, Northern most tip of Goa.

- White Water Rafting and Mountain Biking in Dandeli. Awesome.

- On the Road to the gold fields; Getting to know that I would be losing someone. With no big bang, with no fireworks, it was all over.

- Helen and Matt's Indian wedding celebrations :)

- Mom and Dad’s 25th wedding anniversary celebrations in Bombay with the entire gang.

- Lying on the grass in Edinburgh after an entire day of cycling, and watching Vat mimic kittens, remains etched in my mind for GOD knows what reason.

- Getting “married”, eating cotton candy at 3 am in the middle of nowhere, all in Pondicherry.

- Going crazy over scrabble with Krymson and Pappu

- B11, 13th floor, Purple Haze, Zero G, JAP, Tavern and LIT’s

3 comments:

not anonymous at all said...

It's been quite a year here, too, as you know.

In the half century I've been given on this lovely planet, I've been blessed beyond reason, but surprising new blessings can be found in every new day. Once again, I've learned that nothing is to be taken for granted, here, and that the Divine forces in this Universe are far from through with me.

The closer I get to the ending of my life, the more delightfully alive I feel. Paradoxically, the more confidence I develop, the more humble I become. My awe at what's possible, when I had given up all hope, grows.

I wish you deep peace, lasting contentment, and great joy, not only for 2007, but for the rest of your life. :-)

Neha said...

I know...u travelled so much this yr!!!!
I think every other weekend, went in travelling for ya!!!
Have nice year ahead!!!

Apoorv Gawde said...

Not Anonymous ~ Glad to hear about the good tidings this year has brought into your life :)

Neha ~ Most probably another year of travel ahead, new places to see and new things to do :D :D