Monday, April 30, 2007

An ode to a non-vegetarian octogenarian

Last evening, Krymsson and I
were strolling by
and what do we see?
A poor old man, looking forlorn and hungry

So we did what everyone would
we decided to get him some food,
we got some from a nearby restaurant
but when we got back, he was gone

We looked for him in the vicinity,
finally found him in an alley.
We said Grandpa, here is some Ghee Rice
He looked at us with some degree of surprise

In broken english said he
Thanks, no Ghee Rice for me
what I would like is some mutton
you see I am a Non-vegetarian.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Gawde,

I came across your personal experience as you narrated in your poem and I want to express deepest feelings of the inconvenient situation you faced that night.

I must say you displayed fair courage in rejecting the "ghaas-poos" those people offered you instead of a simple non vegetarian supper.

I invite you to join our respected organisation PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals), as it will be the right platform for you and people like us to raise our common concern.

Regards,
A PETArian.

Apoorv Gawde said...

Hello Anonymous Petri dish!

your feelings so deep are much appreciated.

People Eating Tasty Animals :| old aint it??

Kaj said...

ha ha ha ah.. this is really funny! good stuff.. made me laugh.. and I needed it!

What up? how's life?

Apoorv Gawde said...

Fink! ssup??

On this side of the planet, the latest and the greatest is, that I had ghee rice for dinner that evening :P

other than that, yella ok!

Wanderlust said...

lol.....now this is way too funny...isiliye to i dnt do any samaj seva ;)

Reeta Skeeter said...

lol...poor u

longblackveil said...

Teee heeeeee. Oh, boy. Very well writ. And whatte Grandad! Sucj spunk. I like him.
Yes, your poem captures the poignancy of do-gooders like anything. I'd say the feeling is very similar to having a wet fish slapped across your left cheek. Tchahh.
Still, we must never stop....