Thursday, November 01, 2007

Movies...

Well the past couple of months have been hectic and crazy, nevertheless have been able to catch up on a few movies :)

Four Brothers


Four brothers get together to avenge their mothers death, I liked this movie, fast paced and good gun fights :)

Corpse Bride


Tim Burton and Johnny Depp get together again, in this dark and macabre animated film :) I think my expectations were too high and I ended up a little disappointed. An average movie.
(there for ppl who think I blindly love any Johnny Depp movie, here is one I think is avg :D )

Evan Almighty

Decent movie, kept me entertained on the long flight home, at no point did this make me laugh out loud though, and a comedy that fails to do that is, well, not a comedy :|

The Illusionist


Edward Norton and the very pretty Jessica Biel, with great support from Paul Giamatti. This movie about a magician, who uses all his skills to get the girl he loves :)
Well made, very watchable. The only shortcoming is a gaping plot hole!

Bheja Fry
Good movie, again, this one kept me entertained on a very long flight, made me laugh out loud. A good watch!

Oceans 13

Barely watchable

Spiderman 3
Pathetic, the joker in spandex has gone from bad to worse

Shrek 3
Alright, but this one has started to get on my nerves too

Pirates 3
Watchable

Fracture


This one is gooood movie :) Ryan Gosling matches Anthony Hopkins, scene to scene. A courtroom thriller, a very well made and watchable movie!

Shoot 'em up



Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti, both good actors completely wasted in this piece of trash! Easily enters the list of the worst English movies I have ever watched, I am very surprised to see this rated highly in imdb.
oh and if there was any doubt as to who the hottest 40+ actress today is? one can safely take Monica belluci out of the reckoning, She looks 60 in this one.

2 comments:

Palani Murugan N said...

I think "Shoot 'Em Up" got a high rating for the cool action sequences... I would rate it as a good movie when it comes to action...

Apoorv Gawde said...

yeah mebbe, but i expect more from Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti when it comes to choosing movies :)

hey watch PAYBACK - Mel Gibson