Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nikola Tesla

I recently watched Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige", and one character that stuck in my mind was that of Nikola Tesla (played by David Bowie), I decide to read up on Tesla only to realise that Tesla was not a fictional character but existed in real life.
Tesla apparently was the uncredited inventor of the Radio, and kicked Elvis Edison's A** many a time over the AC v/s DC "War of the Currents"

Having worked for Edison and having been cheated by Edison, Tesla still rose to become one of the worlds greatest scientist.
I had never heard of him before, I wonder how many of us have? and I also wonder how many such greats have been overshadowed by their more media friendly contemporaries...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remembered tesla from some units i studied in physics.. but dint know the guy himself.. looked up on wikipedia.. tesla is a unit of "magnetic flux density" :D

did u like the movie? i loved it.. i like magic in general so it was all the more fascinating for me.. :)

Krishna Murali

Apoorv Gawde said...

Dudee good to see you, I loved the movie! if you like Magic, check out "The Illusionist" all about magic. very cool too :)